Jan
13

Parents: Follow our BizMovie Project on Edmodo!

Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on January 13, 2011

edmodo-pic

Dear Parent:

This 9 weeks, your son/daughter is in my media class 3rd period.  We are working on a special project based learning (PBL) unit called BizMovie.  This project is explained more in the attached letter.  As part of this project, we are using Edmodo in our classroom.   Edmodo is a safe social learning platform that lets our class connect both at school and from home.

Edmodo Parent Accounts are now available and I’d like to invite you to join our classroom online.

With Parent Accounts, you can now:

• Send messages to your child and me, either together or individually
  • View homework assignments, due dates
  • Stay up to date on your child’s grades
  • Receive updates on class and school events

Edmodo is accessible not just online but on any mobile device, so remember to set up your notifications to receive alerts and check edmodo on your phone.  In addition, you can download free Edmodo Apps for both iPhone and Android.

Join our classroom on Edmodo in a few simple steps:

Go to www.edmodo.com
Select “Parent Signup”
Type your unique code:  [XXXX] in the Parent Code field, then create your unique username and password.
Parent code provided by me
After you sign up for the first time, you will no longer need the parent code – you’ll login using your unique username and password.
Select Sign Up.   

That’s all there is to it! Let me know if you have any questions.  My email address is [email protected]   I look forward to connecting with you on Edmodo!

2 Responses to “Parents: Follow our BizMovie Project on Edmodo!”

1.   Anne Mirtschin Says:

G’day. Your project sounds wonderful so all the best with it. I have heard so many good reports about edmodo, so I am sure you will enjoy working with it.
    Anne Mirtschin
    A teacher from Australia